Monday, May 4, 2015

"I'll be there for youuu..."

We have already talked about how to choose friends responsibly and the importance of friendship, but we have not talked about what you should contribute to your friendships.



I have compiled my 4 best tips to being the “best friend ever”. 

1. Start listening more and interrupting less.
In today's society, it is all about "me me me", but a friendship is a two way street. By this I mean, instead of always over loading your friend with all of your problems try sitting back and listening to theirs without switching the subject back to your life. Odds are your friend is going through just as many hard times as you are so be their shoulder to lean on and listen to their problems just like they listen to yours.

2. Don't forget to compliment them
Being positive towards someone not only gives him or her happiness, but it also brings you happiness too. If your friend did her makeup really well today, tell her! Compliments can make even the most unhappy people feel beautiful. One thing you can try to accomplish is complimenting three people a day. I promise it will make your life a whole lot brighter.

3. Do "the little things"
The little things are what friends are for. Have you ever heard the song “You find out who your friends are”? If not, it is a song about going through hard times in life and finding out who your real friends are (the ones that are not just in it for the happy times). So, don’t just be in a friendship for the fun/happy times, be in it for the long haul and make sure your friend knows that. So I challenge you to “do the little things” for your friends this week. If your friend is sick and has been in bed all day, bring her some soup to cheer her up (& help with the sickness). Your friends will always remember the little things you do for them that let them know you care.

4. Do not talk about them negatively to other people (well, except to your mom)
Girls have a bad habit of talking about one particular friend to their other friends. Long story short, don't do this. It will make you look dishonest and your other friends will start questioning your loyalty. One thing I have learned to do is call my mom when I need to vent about a friend because I know my mom will not judge me and will keep my rudeness a secret. Once you stop being so negative in conversations to friends you will see how much it will brighten your life.

So lets review,
Listen to your friend.
Compliments can move mountains.
Little things are the key to happiness.
If you don’t have anything nice to say than don’t say anything at all. 


Hope this helps,

Comment what you have done this week to benefit your friendships!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment