Sunday, May 3, 2015

The inevitably awkward situations you encounter at the library.

6 reasons why studying in the library scares the crap out of me:

You never know just how awkward you are until you’re trying to maintain your cool in a crowded university library despite your sleep deprivation…

1.    From the time you walk in the doors of the library until you find a table to sit at every single person in the room is staring at you.
Well, I don’t know about you all, but when people start staring at me I quickly revert back to a toddler stage. I suddenly forget how to walk (which makes me look like a baby deer who’s just learning to walk), I end up running into something (which causes even more noise leading to even more frustrated eyes looking me), and I tend to forget to breathe in hopes to quietly reside at my table (which we all know the cons of not breathing).  Long story short, entering into the library isn’t just embarrassing it’s bad for your health.

2.    When you sit down and start unpacking your books everyone continues to stare at you until you are completely finished unpacking.
Really people? Did you not unpack anything when you first got to the library? Stop staring, it will not take me long to get situated unless you keep staring at me because I will end up forgetting what subject I’m even here to study for which will cause even more racket from my book sack in hopes to find just the right binder I need.

3.    I feel like the entire time I’m studying everyone behind me knows exactly what I’m doing and judge me every time my browser clicks on Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
Just because I have been here for 30 minutes and surfed every single website except Moodle doesn’t mean you have the right to judge me. My procrastination will eventually cease and I will begin my study session. So, don’t worry long pony tail girl behind me, I will not be defeated by finals.

4.    Well, now you have been sitting on your right foot for an hour and a half and it falls asleep.
If anyone has any tips on waking your foot up without banging it a million times on the ground please comment below. The looks I get while I’m banging my foot against the ground, as quietly as possible, are disturbing. So, before my next trip to the library my goal is to keep as much blood flowing to my feet as possible in hopes to be less disturbing to my fellow library-goers.

5.    Oh, and don’t even thinking about breathing too hard because that will interrupt another student’s concentration. 
“OMG, could she not breathe so loud. Literally, it is the most annoying thing everrrrrr”. Yes, I may be exaggerating a tad, but EVERYONE HAS TO BREATHE! Maybe some of you complaining about my breathing should practice not doing it and see how well you do on finals…



6.     You are finally done studying, or your brain is fried, which ever comes first. This means you must pack up all of your belongings and exit the library.
 And the uncomfortable stares start again. All you can think about is thank gosh I am out of that awkward, horrifying place, but it’s finals week so you will be back after your 3 hour nap. Damn you, library.


Though some of my points may be a bit exaggerated, I think you get the point of how much I despise the library.

Well, now that I’m done procrastinating I’m going to get back to studying… in the library. Wish me luck on my attempt to be as “cool” as possible and in covering up all of my awkwardness.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment